• Post Distro-Hopping

I strayed. I admit it. I tried other distros, and I even inhaled. But, I came to my senses and reinstalled KDE-Antergos. (Or, is it Antergos-KDE?) You just can’t beat the low resources of KDE on Antergos. Not on any other distro that I can make work with my laptop. Also, for whatever reasons, this time on a fresh Antergos install everything worked right out of the box. Except for one thing. For the life of me, I cannot get WPS to use the Open File dialogs in KDE. I didn’t have troubles in other DE’s in Antergos, so it’s got to be a GTK thing. Odd, though. Anyway, until I can find an answer to that I’m using OnlyOffice. It suffices for now. So, back on the bandwagon. Glad to have a distro that doesn’t crash for no apparent reason, freezes up or just plain acts weird! LOL

• @adam-worth
    Just out of curiosity, have you considered using (the open source de facto standard) LibreOffice instead of those other office programs?

Don’t really know if LibreOffice could fix those issues since I’m not using KDE but Xfce.

• @manuel said in Post Distro-Hopping:

@adam-worth
    Just out of curiosity, have you considered using (the open source de facto standard) LibreOffice instead of those other office programs?

Don’t really know if LibreOffice could fix those issues since I’m not using KDE but Xfce.

Hi Manuel. Yes, I’ve tried it. And, with the formatting I need for manuscript submissions, trying to go from LibreOffice to MS Word just doesn’t work when it comes to headers and just a little bit of formatting. It has definitely gotten better over the last LO version, but it still messes up. I do not want to try to run Word in WINE, so the next best thing had been WPS. OnlyOffice is okay, but not as feature rich. Also, it keeps reverting to centimeters instead of inches, which prompts me to keep changing the rulers all the time. LOL Small price to pay, but it’s there.

distro-hopping1 Posts 3Views 286
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.