Hi all! I’ve decided to create a new post here for help on this issue. I’m new to the forum. I have an HP Envy x360 15bq (something along those lines) laptop. I’ve looked around this forum and lots of Google for a solution to this problem, but everything has proved useless so far.

Most of the time, my laptop will suspend to RAM just fine when I close the lid. Once in a while, it will wake up immediately after suspending. The biggest problem of all happens when the laptop is awakened shortly after suspending: the backlight turns on, but nothing displays on the screen. The mouse, keyboard, and power button all do nothing to get something to display on the screen. Only a hard reset works by holding the power button down until the laptop shuts off.

If the laptop is suspended for an extended amount of time (I’ll say half an hour), it will wake up without a problem.

I’m running the KDE Plasma 5.12 desktop environment with sddm as the display manager. I am also using the
4.14.44-1-lts kernel.

Lastly, I have some outputs from journalctl.

Here, the laptop woke immediately after suspending (it was charging):
https://pastebin.com/cKk4sqDL

I will get output for the blank screen problem once I can replicate the issue again. It seemed to happen when the laptop was low on battery; i.e. below 10%.