• Today: Thinkpad T60 repaired

May wondering why i am not aviable that much today?
    0_1527769345825_4-web.jpg
    Totally taken apart my old Thinkpad T60…
    0_1527769627585_1-web.jpg
    broken fuse of the LCD inverter board / backlight…

• Looks cool to me! I also spend a lot of time with my old ideapad S210 lately. It needs some spare parts, too, but I’m having a great time playing with Openbox. Works as fast as never before.

• 0_1527771973926_repaired-web.jpg
    And works again… installing XFCE now…

• Those are the really fun and grateful jobs to do☺ (well…next to cooking then.)

• And the hardware is totally worth keeping. My wife has a T61 running Win7 that she’s been complaining about being too slow for a couple of years.

I fixed it by installing Antergos. As pretty much all she does with it is surf the web, she’s barely noticed the difference, other than it being much faster.

The fingerprint scanner was a headache to set up, though…

• fingerprint reader i was never getting to run on this… i was using this as my mobile workpad for years…
    with archlinux + GNOME but nowadays XFCE is playing more smooth…

and it looks like fingerprint-gui is detecting the sensor out of the box ;)

• @Bryanpwo you are right, as it is now the connector inside the kitchen ;)
    0_1527790750382_6-web.jpg

• 0_1527843448737_Bildschirmfoto_2018-06-01_10-55-19.png
    I decided to go with i3 here too ;)

• i do use antergos-i3-meta and enhance the configs to fit my needs:

https://github.com/killajoe/i3-antergos

• @joekamprad !

Very good job and welcome to Antergos TT-60👍 ☺ !

• thanks for the welcoming @judd !

On the fingerprint reader, i get it working almost… inside terminal and also for login with lightdm, but not for apps invoking by gksu as i think… but is only a question of getting it configured… It needs to setup password what needs to be stored on external usb drive to get password inserted into passwordfield on lightdm…

II like tis oldshool popup from the button with the fingerprint scanning animation ;)
    0_1527882224938_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-06-01 21-43-33.png

• @joekamprad said in Today: Thinkpad T60 repaired:

On the fingerprint reader, i get it working almost… inside terminal and also for login with lightdm, but not for apps invoking by gksu as i think… but is only a question of getting it configured… It needs to setup password what needs to be stored on external usb drive to get password inserted into passwordfield on lightdm…
    II like tis oldshool popup from the button with the fingerprint scanning animation

Masterly👌 👽 😀

• @joekamprad It does work with gksu. I just can’t remember which of the several files in /etc/pam.d/ controls that. Unfortunately, I think I left my notes of how I made it work on the T61. I’ll check whenever I can pry it away from my wife.

• @grenouille no ssh backdoor enabled ;)

• i found my fail:

on i3 i was using polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
    But it needs to use it’s own agent: /lib/fingerprint-gui/fingerprint-polkit-agent

Now all passwords can be inserted via fingerprinter ;)

thinkpad13 today4 t601 repaired1 Posts 16Views 470
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.