• SOLVED! BY ME :) pulseaudio setup

i am having trouble with keeping audio using pulse. i have installed the pulseaudio packages and set “pavucontrol” as the mixer in the volumeicon.

sometimes i get audio and sometimes i dont. sometimes i need to close and restart my browser for audio.

should i remove alsa packages?

• i am having trouble with keeping audio using pulse. i have installed the pulseaudio packages and set “pavucontrol” as the mixer in the volumeicon.

sometimes i get audio and sometimes i dont. sometimes i need to close and restart my browser for audio.

should i remove alsa packages?

• You are right, alsa is nice bit i think pulse audio is more compatibile, expecially in combination with GNOME desktp

• something i am just now noticing is most of the sound issues come with chromium. i can play audio and video files fine but when i go to youtube or music site it wont play any audio?

• I don’t know pavucontrol… when you are playing audio did he show you a chromium/pepperflash audio backend? you should find a volume there or a way to use pulseaudio

• i dont see anything about chromium in the playback area. something is not setup right here.

• this is a complete puzzle to me. the audio just starts working in chromium after a while. for the 1st hour ive had my computer on no audio in chromium and all of a sudden flash videos start playing with audio?

• ok finally figured it out. chromium seems to want to default to hdmi audio. i use analog stereo line in. so if you do also, make sure you disable hdmi connection in pavucontrol. that option will be in output devices tab. also disable hdmi in config tab.

Posts 8Views 2296