• Installer likes killin other OSs=\>users do not like installe

The new shiny graphical installer just formatted a 64GB BTRFS filesystem without being asked to do so. My debian stable/testing/unstable installations (each one on its own subvolume) and various snapshots were wiped in the process. Toying with btrfs subvolume set-default, I was planning to install Antergos on a subvolume too. No luck. Although I selected advanced partitioning, and was VERY careful with “Use as”, “Mount point” and “Format”, it decided anyway to format my partition to EXT4 without warning and mounted it to /install as soon as I clicked “install” on the advanced partitioning dialog.

• The new shiny graphical installer just formatted a 64GB BTRFS filesystem without being asked to do so. My debian stable/testing/unstable installations (each one on its own subvolume) and various snapshots were wiped in the process. Toying with btrfs subvolume set-default, I was planning to install Antergos on a subvolume too. No luck. Although I selected advanced partitioning, and was VERY careful with “Use as”, “Mount point” and “Format”, it decided anyway to format my partition to EXT4 without warning and mounted it to /install as soon as I clicked “install” on the advanced partitioning dialog.

• Hi,

In name of all Antergos developers I deeply apologize. Even though we state it’s alfa software we don’t like these things to happen.

Having said this, I want to alert you (and everybody) that the graphical installer is only for systems without volumes (no LVM, no RAID, no encrypted partitions, …)

So, in all these cases our [b:1rw1t6hu]CLI installer[/b:1rw1t6hu] must be used.

it decided anyway to format my partition to EXT4 without warning

Didn’t it show you a dialog with all the changes it was going to do in your system?

Well, we’ll add some warning to our installer, and again, our most sincere apologies.

• Nevermind. I was shown a summary of what was about to be committed, and on the “format” columt I saw a clear and reassuring “No”. Infact, the installer formats the root partition (I only can say about it, as I will not risk using /home) with EXT4 anyway, even if told to use and format it as BTRFS… so there’s something really wrong there. BTRFS subvolumes are not volumes in the LVM sense, so your “use cli setup” warning does not apply. My disk has fairly standard GPT partitions: I was trying a “btrfs subvolume set-default” way of installing multiple roots on a single BTRFS filesystem, that worked just fine for me with debian.
    Thank you for your development work. I will try again with the more mature cli installer as soon as I can.

Posts 4Views 1275